AI transcription tools can be a valuable asset for anyone who regularly attends or hosts meetings. They can help you save time, stay focused, and capture all of the important information that's discussed. Two of the most popular AI transcription tools on the market are Otter and Google Duet.
In this blog article, we will compare the two AI assistants and discuss which one is right for you.
OtterPilot is an AI meeting assistant that can automatically join your Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams meetings, and transcribe the meetings in real-time. It can also capture shared meeting slides and send an automated summary after the meeting.
OtterPilot has several features that make it a powerful AI assistant for virtual meetings, including:
- Real-time transcription: OtterPilot can transcribe your meetings in real-time, so you can follow along and take notes easily.
- Speaker identification: OtterPilot can identify the speakers in your meeting, so you can easily see who is talking.
- Shared slide capture: OtterPilot can capture shared meeting slides and add them to your transcript, so you have a complete record of your meeting.
- Live automated summary: OtterPilot provides a live meeting summary during the meeting and will send an automated summary of your meeting after it ends, so you can quickly review the key points.
- Otter AI Chat: You can ask Otter questions about the meeting during or after and even chat with team members without interrupting the meeting discussion.
Google Duet was announced in August 2023 and is still in beta testing. However, it already offers a number of features, including:
- Multiple Languages: Google Duet can translate your transcripts into multiple languages, making it a great tool for global teams.
- Summarization: Google Duet can automatically generate summaries of your meetings (though not live), highlighting the key points and action items.
- Integration with Google Meet: Google Duet is integrated with Google Meet, so you can easily start and stop transcription from within the app.
Here is a table that summarizes the key differences between OtterPilot and Zoom AI Companion:
In conclusion, OtterPilot and Google Duet are both popular AI meeting assistants that offer a variety of features. When choosing an AI meeting assistant, it is important to consider your specific needs and budget. Consider how many people will be using the service, how often you will be using it, what languages you need to transcribe, and what your budget is. Once you have considered your needs, you can start comparing different AI meeting assistants to find the one that is right for you.