Using the Otter® Chrome Extension with Zoom and Google Meet is easy
With the Otter Chrome Extension, users can easily add OtterPilot™ to their meetings on Zoom and Google Meet. Otter will join the meeting and use AI to automatically record audio, write notes, capture slides, and share the notes with all the attendees. After the meeting, it generates an Automated Summary, making it easy for users to recall and share key points.
These features are available in all plans with no extra charge.
Using the Otter Chrome Extension to OtterPilot meetings
The Otter Chrome Extension makes it easier for users to OtterPilot their meetings.
Whenever a user opens a Zoom or Google Meet link in Chrome, the Otter will detect if that user’s Otter is already scheduled to join the meeting. If Otter is not scheduled to join, the user will see a one click prompt to add OtterPilot their meetings. Additionally, the conversation will be auto-shared with calendar guests.
If a user joins an impromptu Zoom or Google Meet meeting (where Otter was not previously scheduled to join), the Chrome Extension provides the fastest way to add Otter to the meeting, with a one-click prompt to add Otter Assistant.
Using the Otter Chrome Extension with Google Calendar
The Otter Chrome Extension also makes it easier to schedule Otter to join your meetings ahead of time.
With the Chrome Extension, when you create a new calendar event in Google Calendar, a one-click button to “Add Otter Meeting Notes” will appear. Upon tapping the button to “Add Otter Meeting Notes”, one of two things will happen:
- If you have your calendar connected in Otter and there is a Zoom or Google Meet link in your calendar event, Otter will automatically join that meeting.
- If you don’t have a Zoom or Google meet link in your calendar event, a meeting note will be added with instructions to manually record on your device.
HOW TO INSTALL THE OTTER CHROME EXTENSION
1. In the Chrome browser, go to Otter.ai in the Chrome Web Store.
2. Click Add to Chrome, then click Add extension.
3. Click the extension icon from the toolbar, then click the pin icon.
4. Once you have installed the Otter.ai Chrome Extension, connect Otter.ai to your Google Calendar so you can OtterPilot™ your meetings.
You're all set! Now, you can put your meetings on OtterPilot with the Otter.ai Chrome Extension.