What is Otter Assistant?
Otter Assistant boosts meeting productivity by automatically joining your Zoom, Google Meet, or Microsoft Teams links from your calendar and recording and transcribing the meeting. It also shares out live transcripts with all meeting participants so that everyone can add highlights and comments collaboratively.
✓ Schedule before your meeting and never worry about manually taking notes
✓ Save time & effort every meeting
✓ Works even if you run late or can’t join a meeting
How do I use Otter Assistant?
Setup is quick and easy. When you log into Otter.ai and see a popup introducing Otter Assistant and My Agenda, click Try for free to begin.
Next, Otter needs to sync your calendar events. On the right panel of your Home Feed, click Connect for each calendar app you use and sign in to allow Otter to access your calendar.
On the right panel of your Home Feed, if you have connected your Google or Microsoft Outlook calendar to Otter, you can see your upcoming meetings. From the calendar, you can directly join your meeting and also schedule Otter Assistant to join, and capture and share meeting notes with participants.
Lastly, you can preset Otter Assistant to join all meetings automatically by default (and switch off Otter Assistant for specific meetings in Calendar as needed). You can change the default any time in Account Settings > Meetings for Otter Web or Home Feed > Settings (gear icon) for Otter iOS/Android.
That's it. Now you are all set!
Otter Assistant is designed for collaborative note-taking by making sure everyone has access to the transcript.
If you’d like to record and transcribe a meeting without sharing, you can turn off Otter Assistant for that meeting on your calendar by switching the Otter Assistant toggle to off. You can then record the meeting with the Otter web app or mobile app.
What will happen to my Otter Assistant recordings and transcripts afterward?
Rest assured that any recordings or transcripts you create with Otter Assistant will be safely stored in your Otter account and accessible at any time.
If I don't want to use Otter Assistant, how can I turn it off?
There are two ways you can configure Otter Assistant:
- For individual events: In Calendar, you can use the Otter Assistant toggle to set whether you would like Otter Assistant to join each calendar event.
- For all events: In Account Settings > Meetings on web or Home Feed > Settings (gear icon) on iOS/Android, you can set whether you would like Otter Assistant to join all of your calendar events by default.
• Live transcribe Zoom webinars with Otter.ai
• Transcribe Zoom recordings with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe Microsoft Teams meetings with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe any video meetings with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe a video on a Mac with Otter.ai
• How to transcribe a video on a PC with Otter.ai