Over the last couple of years, we’ve experienced tremendous change - from our growing user base (that’s you!), to the issues Otter is solving in our now remote and hybrid work environments, to the product itself.
From meeting collaboration features like Otter Assistant and Takeaways to important security solutions like two-factor authentication, we have continued to improve Otter so we can redefine communication for you and your teams.
To reflect the value we’ve added and ensure we can keep investing in innovation, we will be updating the Otter Basic and Otter Pro plans.
Changes will go into effect on September 27, 2022. Here’s what you should know.
Otter Basic users
While continuing to offer our free plan to new and existing users, users will now get to experience Otter’s time-saving meeting features:
- First, we’re adding Otter Assistant. Can’t make it for your meeting? No worries! Otter Assistant automatically joins meetings (even if you don’t!) on Zoom, Microsoft Teams, or Google Meet to capture and share notes and meeting insights, ensuring that nothing gets missed and everyone stays informed and aligned.
- Second, we’re also adding our recently launched Automated Outline feature. Now you’ll have access to automatic meeting summaries curated and displayed in the Outline panel so you and your colleagues can easily access a summary of what was discussed.
We are also making the following changes to features and usage limits:
- 300 minutes of transcription per month
- Access to 25 most recent conversations, with older ones archived
- Playback limited to 1.0x speed
We’re also making changes to Otter Pro, including expanding Otter Assistant features, adding Automated Outline, raising the price, and changing other features and usage limits (see Recap of All Pricing and Plan Changes below for details). Otter Basic users have the following options:
- Continue to use Otter Basic for free and try out the new meeting features beginning September 27, 2022.
- Upgrade to Otter Pro Monthly by September 26, 2022 to lock in the current price, features, and usage limits for renewals through November 30, 2022.
- Upgrade to Otter Pro Annual by September 26, 2022 to lock in the current price, features, and usage limits for renewals through October 31, 2023.
Otter Pro subscribers
Similar to Otter Basic, we’re also expanding many of Otter's premium features for Otter Pro subscribers:
- Otter Assistant, which was introduced to Otter Pro in March as a limited time trial, will now officially be part of Otter Pro. Subscribers will now be able to choose which conversations are shared with their calendar guests and also have the option to send Otter Assistant to two concurrent meetings to automatically take notes (great for the meetings you can’t attend!).
- We’re also adding the Automated Outline feature to provide you with a summary of your discussions.
We’re also updating features and usage limits:
- 1200 minutes of transcription per month
- 90 minutes per conversation
- 10 imports per month
- 100 names + 100 other terms custom vocabulary
- No Dropbox sync (only available on Otter Business)
Finally, while Otter Pro Annual pricing will remain the same at $8.33/mo USD (billed annually), we will be increasing Otter Pro Monthly pricing from $12.99/mo to $16.99/mo USD.
Otter Pro Monthly subscribers have the following options:
- Stay on your plan to lock in current price, features, and usage limits for renewals through November 30, 2022.
- Upgrade to Otter Pro Annual by September 26, 2022 to lock in current price, features, and usage limits for renewals through October 31, 2023.
Otter Pro Annual subscribers will automatically remain on current Pro price, features, and usage limits for renewals through October 31, 2023. No action needed.
Recap of All Pricing and Plan Changes
*Plan’s transcription usage limits apply
- Otter Pro Monthly subscribers are locked in to current pricing, features, and usage limits for renewals through Nov 30, 2022
- Otter Pro Annual subscribers are locked in to current pricing, features, and usage limits for renewals through Oct 31, 2023
The evolution of Otter
As Otter continues to evolve, we ask ourselves how we can continue to empower customers like you. Recent launches, such as Otter Assistant for Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet and The New Otter, expand our product to reflect our vision: to redefine communication to be more collaborative, accessible, and productive for all - so thank you for being part of that vision as we continue to innovate and grow.