Review and Edit Your Conversations
The following steps will teach you how to edit your conversations to refine the text and make it easier for you to organize and listen to the conversations.
Otter’s Synchronized Playback feature helps you keep track of where you are when listening to a conversation.
- Select the conversation you wish to review from My Conversations or from one of your groups or folders.
- Select the play button to begin playback.
- Watch as Otter highlights the corresponding word within the text as the recording plays.
- To jump to a particular word within the conversation, select that word within the text while the conversation is playing. The audio playback will jump to the word that you selected and play from there.
After recording, you can edit the text of your conversation to refine the text and improve accuracy.
- Select the conversation you wish to edit.
Select the “Edit” button to enter editing mode.
- For web, hover over the portion of the text that you wish to edit and click the pencil button to enter editing mode.
- For mobile, tap the pencil button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Make any edits required to make the text more suitable to your needs. You can add or delete words, change punctuation, and even add paragraph breaks to indicate new sections or speakers. This helps Otter identify new speakers more accurately in the future.
- To finish and save your edits, select the “Done” button or the green checkmark . The new version of the conversation will now be available across your devices in the My Conversations tab.
- Highlight Important Moments
During or after recording, you can highlight important sentences within your conversation with one simple tap.
- In the mobile app, open the conversation you wish to edit.
- Select the sentence you wish to edit and move the start/end blue markers to modify the portion of the text that you wish to highlight.
- If you are currently recording, you can also select the highlight marker icon at the bottom-right corner to highlight the last complete sentence in the live conversation.
- When you have selected the correct portion of the text, select “Highlight” on the pop-up menu that appears above the text to save the highlight.
- To remove a highlight, just select the highlighted text again and select “Unhighlight.”
After you record, Otter auto-generates a collection of keywords that help you navigate your conversation with ease.
- Select the conversation you want to review.
- Check out the summary keywords in boxes above the body of the text.
- If there are many summary keywords for the conversation, some words may be hidden. Select the “See more” button to reveal those words.
- To search the text using a summary keyword, select one of the words. Otter will highlight all occurrences of that word within the text.
- Navigate through all incidences of a keyword using the up and down arrows in the dark blue bar at the bottom (mobile) or top (web) of your screen.
- Additional Playback Speeds and Skip Silence
With Otter, you can adjust playback speed and skip long sections of silence within your conversations.
- Open a conversation. The conversation plays back at 1x speed by default, which is the natural pace of the recording.
- To adjust the speed, select the “1x” at the bottom-left of the screen. A Playback Options tab will open.
- Select the speed at which you would like to play the recording. Otter Free Plan users may choose speeds of 0.5x, 1x, or 2x. Premium users may also play conversations at 0.75x, 1.25x, 1.5x, and 3x.
- To play the conversation at the new speed, select the Save button to exit the Playback Options tab and see the selected playback speed replacing the previous “1x” speed. Select the play button and your conversation will play at the selected speed until you change it.
- Premium users can also skip silent moments in the conversation. To do this, select the conversation speed again and toggle the “Skip Silence” button on in the Playback Options tab.
- To stop skipping silent portions of the recording, toggle the “Skip Silence” button again and save.
Otter can create a “word cloud” graphic using important keywords from your conversations.
- Open the conversation from which you would like to create a word cloud.
- Select the three vertical dots button at the top right corner of your device screen.
- Select the “Word Cloud” button from the pop-up menu.
- Otter will generate a colorful word cloud graphic that represents keywords and phrases from your conversation.
- Select any keywords to jump back to where the word was mentioned in this conversation.
- To save and share the graphic, screenshot it.